Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What's considered a high interest rate on an auto loan?

I%26#039;m looking to buy my very first car and I%26#039;m clue less as to what a high interest rate is. I%26#039;m 19 and I%26#039;ve already managed to mess up my credit but I also have 2 kids and a husband and we need to get around. I was looking into setting my budget at around $8,000 for a nice used car but what%26#039;s considered a high interest rate...15% or 25%?? I%26#039;m really not sure because alot of sites offer calculators if you know your interest rate so I can calculate my payments.



What%26#039;s considered a high interest rate on an auto loan?

Those would be VERY HIGH rates!!!!!



Is your credit really that messed up?



First let me say - you are a walking target. Please



don%26#039;t be. I am sure you need to get around, especially with two kids. But don%26#039;t get ripped off just because you are in



a hurry!



Do you have a credit union you belong to? or can join? They tend to work with you and try to build a relationship with you



a little better than a standard %26quot;bank.%26quot;



Can you borrow the money from an older relative perhaps?



If you offer to pay THEM a higher interest rate than they could get in the bank, (which pays them nothing on their savings) perhaps you could make payments to them? Then take the 8K and go buy yourself a reliable car with low miles.



15-25% You would never get that thing paid off honey. Keep thinking. Someone will let you make payments and they won%26#039;t be a loan shark. And remember they are sweet talkers!! Do your homework. Best of luck.



What%26#039;s considered a high interest rate on an auto loan?

Auto Loan Guide: http://autoloanguide.automobil... Report It



What%26#039;s considered a high interest rate on an auto loan?

there are so many factors to consider when purchasing a vehicle..... Obviously better credit gets a lower Financing APR, length of the finance term, amount of revolving debt and monthly income, how many miles on the used vehicle, what is the risk to the bank that the car will not last until paid in full..... a lot of these terms are bordering on unfair in a lot of instances. For myself personally, I consider a Finance APR of 12% too high..... I would totally be prepared to walk out on a deal in your position if you aren%26#039;t offered an APR of 13% or lower.... A co-signer can also help alleviate this issue if you have a trusted third party that will essentially guarantee the loan to the bank in the possible event that you default on the loan.



Hope this helps and makes sense.... I%26#039;ve bought a few vehicles (4) and it still doesn%26#039;t make sense, but I%26#039;ve learned that being polite, respectful and firm in what you%26#039;re willing to pay is a good way to negotiate.



What%26#039;s considered a high interest rate on an auto loan?

I think anything over 10% is pretty crappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Interest Rate Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting